Thursday, April 14, 2011

ON REPEAT: "Constant Surprises" by Little Dragon

Little Dragon is slowly becoming one of my all time favorite bands. There's a calm and a sureness in their music. But, let me just say- it's ALL ABOUT Yukimi Nogano. She has such a buttery smooth voice and what really makes her a fascinating vocalist is that she has so much power but only gives you hints of it's extent. In this song she cooly lays every word and locks in the sentiment with subtle wails (2:35:00) of sporadic soul. I think aside from the clean nature and cool soul of this song, it's the subject matter that puts me in a good place. The song is all about every occurrence happing because it was absolutely imperative to the progression of a story: "constant surprises comin' my way- some call it coincidence but I like to call it fate."

No comments:

Post a Comment